Regardless of whether you are driving or not, everyone knows that the service brake system is a system that ensures that a car can slow down or even stop at any time according to the driver's wishes. It is directly related to the personal safety of passengers.
Below, please see the summary of 5 common senses about automobile braking systems:
1. The ABS warning light of the instrument is on. Please go to the 4S shop for inspection and handling as soon as possible to avoid affecting driving safety and delaying the trip.
2. Release the brake after starting, and you hear friction between the brake pads and the brake disc. This is normal.
After the engine starts, the driver will step on the brake before engaging in gear operation. After the gear is engaged, the brake is released and the vehicle starts to drive. At this time, the brake pads and brake discs have been engaged under normal temperature conditions, but there is no significant impact. The friction, the vehicle will produce forward or backward driving force when the vehicle is in gear. When the brake pedal is released, the brake pads and brake discs will produce a sound similar to "cooing". This sound will be more pronounced if the brake disc is wetted after washing the car.
In the past year, the ad slogan "I can't stop at all" has circulated in every corner of the Internet, but it is not suitable for the braking system of a car. The service brake system is a system that ensures that a car can decelerate or even stop at any time according to the driver's wishes.
3. The cable chairman after using the parking brake for a period of time: This is a normal phenomenon. The handbrake cable is composed of multiple sets of metal wires, which have a certain degree of ductility after being stressed. After a period of use, it will be longer than the length of a new car and will not have any effect on the parking brake. .
4. The brake disc is rusty: the main component of the brake disc is iron. If the vehicle is not used for a long time, a certain amount of rust will appear on the surface of the disc. However, the rust will be eliminated by the work of the brake system while the vehicle is running. Does not affect normal use.
5. The brake disc becomes hot after use: normal phenomenon. Braking is achieved by friction between the brake disc and the brake pads, which is a process of converting kinetic energy into heat energy, so heat is generated. Do not touch the brake disc with your hands after parking to avoid burns.
Previous post: The secret of brake introduction and analysis of automobile brake system